Thursday, February 26, 2015

Dedication

Psalms 63:1-8

O God you are my God. Early will I seek You. My soul thirsts for You. My flesh longs for you in a dry and thirsty land. Where there is no water. So I have looked for you in the sanctuary to see your power and Your glory. Because Your loving kindness is better than life. My lips shall praise You thus will I bless You while I live…..

Introduction:
• David is our role model of a person dedicated whole heartedly to the Lord.
• God chose Saul to be king over Israel, but eventually, because of his heart attitude, God rejected him and sought for a man after His own heart in the person of David.
• David has a great desire to please God and he always find refuge in God’s holy presence. He has a daily devotion early in the morning.
• David finds great pleasure and satisfaction in being intimate with God.
• His earnest desire is to please God.

I. David longs for God therefore every morning he will come to Him.
A. As a dedicated christian, let us develop a daily one on one devotion to Jesus.
B. Let us seek Him.
• 1. Know His will
• 2. Know what He wants you to do.
• 3. Study His word and let God speak to you through His word.

II. David developed a daily Worship time for God in his quiet time in the morning.

A. As a christian start your day on a quiet time with God praising Him for His loving
kindness bestowed to you that day.
B. End the day with worship for His faithfulness during the day.
C. In everything give Him thanks.
D. Even if no one notices you God is in the secret place of your bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment